Friday, February 22, 2008

Things Times Three -- RSS Feeds


RSS Feeds -- hmmmm -- I may have to categorized them as somewhat "evil." Not in the sense of being difficult to set up, oh no, it was very easy to do since I already had a Google account and I just added the Reader. No, it is that it is way too easy (as some have said "addictive") to add really cool sounding RSS feeds, and then come to the realization that you may end up spending your whole day doing nothing but reading all the new posts from all the multitude of feeds that you have just added. Now I, myself, am going to have to decide when I am going to find the time to read all the ones I have just added (I couldn't resist Calvin&Hobbes or LibWorm/Humor -- I already get Unshelved as a email).

Of course, on the other hand, the real reason that you would set up an RSS feed list, is that if you are already spending time hunting and pecking for information on various topics, then RSS feeds are the way to go to save all that time and effort. It IS very nice to have just one spot to go to find all the newest posts from blogs, webpages and news sites. RSS feeds can be embedded in subject/topical web-pages or used to keep on top of hot topics that will be the subject of inquires or papers/essays.

Gotta go and read all my feeds ............




No comments: