Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing Twenty -- Hello World


I asked around the office and found that most of my colleagues who have a presence in the social networking world use Facebook. I looked at both Facebook and MySpace and I do like the looks of Facebook much better and it seems to have a cleaner look and organization about it.

I can see where it would be useful as a way to connect with either colleagues who are scattered around the globe, with a set of students/faculty with a need to interact over a project or just as a way to network. I joined the Medical Library Association group and can see it has a very active Wall posting.

I will have to see what I can do with this.

1 comment:

Riteshjha said...

Why not you use Web Conferencing service it is better then the social networking site. Through web service you can also see your colleagues and join student group according to your knowledge field and easily communicate with them over a project. Its just a way to network but the technology is advanced through this you can also see the other person as well as here them. Currently I am using such type of service provided by www.rhubcom.com
Try this i think you get more benefit.