Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing Sixteen -- Paper is Due Tomorrow!

Assignment Calculator and the Research Project Calculator -- as a University of Minnesota librarian, I am very familiar with the Assignment Calculator. In fact, there is an in-joke with the Assignment Calculator -- just try putting in the next day as the due date for the assignment -- and see what the Calculator has to say to you! (And I just discovered that the Research Project Calculator has the same pithy comment). There is even a Dissertation Calculator (http://www.lib.umn.edu/help/disscalc/) in case you work with graduate level students.

I always point out the Assignment Calculator in my library orientations with undergraduate students. I think it is a great way to help students get organized, with links to web-pages and handouts that can get them over those hurdles that so often pop up. I wasn't familiar with the Research Project Calculator, but in browsing the support materials, there is a great bunch of resources there -- I will have to remember it.

No comments: