Monday, July 14, 2014

23 Mobile Things #23: Evaluate 23 Mobile Things

(pant, pant, pant)  Okay, I've done it!  I managed to complete all 23 Mobile Things.  It was a marathon, and I sincerely wish I would have been able to start it sooner, but am very, very glad I was able to make it through all.

I am very grateful that the Minnesota Multitype Library Systems decided to do 23 Mobile Things.  I very much loved the 23 Things On A Stick because I learned so much from that experience and when I found I did not have enough time to learn how to effectively use my new iPad, the arrival of 23 Mobile Things was a god-send.

I learned about so many productively tools that will help enhance my use of the iPad and make me as "mobile" as the iPad itself (one of the reasons for getting an iPad).  There are apps I learned about that will be extremely useful in conference setting and also at meetings as well.

My most favorite discoveries were how to take screen shots, the Bamboo paper, the interactive whiteboards, Puffin browser (really like it alot), having a Microsoft Office suite on my iPad -- okay I could keep going on and on about what I really liked.  There were some apps that were fun to try out, but that I will probably delete later -- I will still be testing out some of the apps I downloaded to see which ones have the features I like the most.

It was a bonus that I had also just recently got a smartphone, so that I could try things out in tandem and see which worked better for my phone and which worked better for my iPad.

There were no unexpected surprises to this program -- I expected to have fun, to learn alot and come away with increased knowledge about my iPad, my smartphone and how apps worked on mobile devices -- and 23 Mobile Things certainly delivered.

I certainly hope that you will provide a future 23 Things -- maybe when everything goes to holograms.  I very much enjoy doing 23 Mobile Things, and look forward to future 23 Things.

One word description:  AWESOME!

No comments: