Thursday, July 3, 2014

23 Mobile Things #8: Social Media Management Tools

I created a Facebook account back in 2008, as part of the 23 Things On A Stick exercise.  And I have to confess, I haven't accessed/posted to it for the last five years or so -- I used it mostly for posting photos of my growing family of cats.  I realized that the types of social media that Facebook and Twitter represent -- with the constant posting, updating and sharing, wasn't me.  I found I just did not have the time that was needed to keep up with all of the activity.  On the other hand, I will say that Facebook is a great way to keep up with friends and family who are distance (my husband keeps up with nieces that way).

If I ever created a Twitter account, it has long been forgotten.  I do know that the Twitterverse is very active, can be influential in creating social movements and providing a finger on the pulse of popular opinion.  My institution does use Twitter for events and other announcements and finds it very successful in getting the word out.

So, I did sign up for HootSuite -- so I do have that in place, linked to my Facebook account, in case I ever get back into the whole social media arena again.

No comments: