Wednesday, July 2, 2014

23 Mobile Things #6: Creating & Editing Docs

I knew there were apps out there for iPads that allowed you to use Microsoft Office -- Word, Excel and Powerpoint -- so thank you, thank you, thank you for pointing it out to me.  I chose CloudOn for that purpose, with the complimentary app Dropbox.  I was familiar with Dropbox.  I have colleagues who use it and for a project my husband set up an account for himself that worked very well.  I am very excited about the ability to create Word documents on my iPad.  

(Aside note:  just now found out some other awesome features with Puffin.  With Safari, using Google docs was cumbersome -- with Puffin, it's like being on my laptop -- whoohoo!!).

My institution uses the Google suite.  However, there are limitations to Google docs (compared to what you can do with MS Word), and if I can use MS Word, Excel or Powerpoint instead of the Google version, YES!, and be able to then upload to Dropbox so that I can pull them into my laptop, wow.  Of course, I now have no excuse not to be able to do work while out a conference.


No comments: